Junda ward aspirant Raphael Musumba Bwire [on top of the vehicle] is escorted by his supporters during the road show at Kadongo in Mombasa. Members of County assembly and Members of Parliament from Orange Democratic Movement were mobolising their supporters in preparation for the party nominations to be held on 19th this month. 16th April 2017. [Photo: Omondi Onyango/Standard]
ODM National Appeals Tribunal with regard to various appeals filed by aspirants in some of the areas the party has held its primaries, the National Elections Board has ordered a repeat nominations exercise in the following areas on Wednesday 26th April 2017;
1. Nakuru Town West Constituency
2. Shinyalu Constituency
3. South Mugirango Constituency
4. Olkaria Ward in Naivasha Constituency
5. Ibeno Ward in Nyaribari Chache Constituency
6. Birongo Ward in Nyaribari Chache Constituency
7. St. Monica Polling Station (Kitengela Ward, Kajiado East Constituency)
8. Four polling stations in Taveta Constituency (Jipe Primary School, Chala Primary School, Mahandakini Primary School, and St. Joseph Kivukoni Primary School)
Elections board say for the past one week, ODM has in accordance with the law and party constitution been holding party primaries in various Counties across the country.
The Board is satisfied that so far, the exercise has gone on well and that only a few cases of discontent by members with regard to the exercise have been reported, some have been dealt with and others in the process of being resolved through the National Appeals Tribunal.
The party leadership has assured members and aspirants that preparations for the final stages of the exercise are complete and the board is ready for the exercise in the remaining Counties.
Monday 24th April 2017, nominations exercise shall be held in Kisumu, Homa Bay, Siaya and Migori Counties.
Tuesday 25th April 2017, the exercise shall be held in Nairobi, Makueni, Garissa and Vihiga Counties.