Organisers of the demos, Dr. George Omburo, US Diaspora chairman, Amos Atonga and Debra Akello, the protests aimed at bringing the international community to attention on the events that are happening in Kenya since nullification of the presidential election, September 1
The Kenyans who reside in New York City protested against what they termed as bad governance from Jubilee led by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Declaration by the protesters:
1) No reforms at IEBC no election.
2) Chiloba and his team must go.
3. President Kenyatta should stop mutilating our wonderful constitution. ALSO READ: NASA backers in protest to demand exit of IEBC bosses
4) Police brutality must end immediately.
5) IEBC servers must be opened.
6) Kenyans have a right to travel out and return to Kenya without restrictions.
7) Killers of Chris Msando must be apprehended.
8) Raila and Kalonzo must be protected.
9) Judiciary, Supreme Court judges must be respected.
10) Kenyans are the bosses.
11) International community should prevail upon Jubilee administration to do the right thing.
The National Super Alliance (NASA) has announced its plan is to hold a major demonstration outside the UN headquarters. The protest was aimed to notify the international community the crisis facing Kenya since the nullification of President Uhuru Kenyatta’s re-election by the Supreme Court. NASA presidential candidate Raila Odinga announced on Tuesday that protests aimed at forcing Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission officials out of office would take place Mondays and Fridays.
Speaking in Nairobi, the former Prime Minister reiterated that the Opposition would not rest until IEBC CEO Ezra Chiloba and 10 other officials vacate office.