in

Suspected foreign drug traffickers deported

Four foreigners who were arrested on Friday night in connection with drug trafficking have been deported.

South Africans Nolte Barend Dawid, 43, Faivelewitz Marc Anthony, 47, and Seychellois Nelson Vivian George Domingue, 33, and Nedy Conrad Rodney Micock, 43, were taken from Mombasa to Nairobi on Saturday night before being repatriated.

The four were flown to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), for deportation and possible prosecution. The South Africans were arrested at a hotel while the Seychellois were nabbed at an apartment in Nyali, Mombasa.

Mombasa County police commander Patterson Maelo said the four had been deported but could not give more information. Lawyer Cliff Ombeta said he had been prevented from communicating with his clients (South Africans).

“Later in the day I got communication from my sources that they were not in the cell and up to now there is no any communication about them. What the government is doing is just calling a dog a bad name and do hang him,” said Mr Ombeta.

He said the two were in the country legally and had even obtained visas. “They were here as bodyguards of Vicky and they were not arrested with anything they were not even armed.”

SUSPECTED DRUG BARONS

The Nation established that they were former Blackwater soldiers who had been in the country through Vijaygiri Goswami one of the suspected drug barons who were recently extradited to the United States.

Goswami was arrested and repatriated to New York alongside two sons of slain drug baron Ibrahim Akasha, Baktash Akasha and Ibrahim Akasha and an Indian national Ghulam Hussein.

They are facing drug trafficking charges in the US.

Meanwhile, according to a document seen by the Nation, the two Seychellois were fugitive who were wanted by the Seychelles National Drug Enforcement Agency (NDEA).

According to an NDEA agent, 35 kilogrammes of heroin was seized on March 21, 2015 and part of their investigations established that Mr Micock with an accomplice arranged for the shipment.

“They have formed part of the larger network in Seychelles for some time now and as a result, they have gained wealth a status in relation to their drug dealings,” said the agent.

Sources revealed that the two left the Seychelles in March 2015 for the United Arab Emirates before their consignment was seized.

“This is their normal modus operandi not be in the Seychelles when the drugs arrive and only return when they believe is safe to do so,” said our source.

‘Africa’s youngest billionaire’ worth less in divorce case

I have what it takes to beat Uhuru says Wiper leader