in

Pupils fall sick from wild fruit


Over 200 pupils of a primary school in Chuka were treated for poisoning after they allegedly consumed a wild fruit.

The pupils of Mutuguni Primary in Igamba N’gombe Constituency in Tharaka Nithi were rushed to Consolata Cottage Hospital in Chuka town at 6.00pm.

“Most of the pupils complained of stomach upsets, vomiting, diarrhoea and dizziness. Some were extremely weak and we immediately admitted them into the wards and administered drip and pain treatment,” said Ms Makena.

Those admitted in the wards included 18 boys and five girls. More pupils were treated and discharged.

But the hospital was still receiving more cases by 8.00pm Wednesday.

Lempurkel out on Sh200,000 bond after night in custody

State plans to spend Sh1b to refurbish presidential residences