in

Kericho man dies after consuming uninspected meat


 

A village feast turned tragic after a 45-year-old man from Kamara in Kuresoi North constituency died.

The victim was among dozens of villagers who were rushed to the Londiani sub-county hospital for treatment after eating uninspected meat.

READ MORE:  Uhuru assents to five bills, including Appropriation and Equalization Fund

 The villagers had eaten the meat of a cow that was ailing from an unidentified disease. County Health Executive Hellen Ng’eno said 11 people were admitted to the health facility, while 13 others were treated and discharged.

READ MORE:  Court orders landlord to pay tenant Sh50,000 for confiscating property

“The victims began trickling into the hospital, complaining of severe abdominal pain. They were also vomiting and suffering from diarrhoea.

Those in the wards are in a stable condition and are responding well to treatment,” said Ms Ng’eno.

READ MORE:  GOT A TIP

ALSO READ:

GOMA Lotto continues to support Gor Mahia

She said samples of the meat were dispatched to the National Reference Laboratory for analysis to ascertain the cause of the illness. 

Governor Kinuthia Mbugua admits under-performance

Nakuru County to waive rent arrears