Jacaranda business down 10% on cholera claims

Business at Jacaranda Hotel went down by 10 per cent following claims of a cholera outbreak in the premises last month, the hotels chief executive Killian Lugwe said yesterday.

“The alleged closure and the negative publicity that went with it cost us millions of shillings including our biggest corporate clients,”Lugwe said in a statement to the Star.

The hotel has since announced that its business is back to normal, days after being given a clean bill of health.

Last week, they received a Certificate of Compliance signed by county deputy director of public health Jairus Musumba.

“We have always upheld the highest standards of hygiene in accordance with the Public Health Act and this is our commitment to our customers, who have showed us faith by patronizing our establishment again even after the negative publicity,” Lugwe said.

Health Cabinet Secretary Dr Cleopa Mailu, his Tourism and Gender counterparts Najib Balala and Sicily Kariuki respectively toured the facility and declared it cholera-free after complying with the Public Health Act provisions.

Doctors refute Embu aspirant injury claims, police to probe

Jubilee sets apart Nairobi primaries for Monday