Kapsoya MCA aspirant James Ratemo and his wife Ebby, in deep grief following the death of their three children who were found murdered in Kitale, Trans Nzoia County. (Photo: Peter Ochieng’/Standard)
The father of three children who were brutally killed after being abducted in Eldoret has said he will continue with his bid for Member of County Assembly (MCA) seat for Kapsoya Ward in honour of the deceased.
James Ratemo Nyambane said he will not abandon the dream he had before the unfortunate incident happened.
He said his deceased sons were his source of inspiration and he will tread the political journey as the only reward to them.
“They were my hope and much of what I lived for, they supported me in their own little ways by believing in me and I will go for the MCA seat as I had planned as reciprocation of their goodness to me,” Ratemo said.
Ratemo was cleared by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to contest for the seat on a Kanu ticket on Thursday last week.
He will be facing the incumbent Isaac Kemboi Kirwa (Jubilee), Antony Mwangi Karanja (Independent) and Alex Cherop(Independent).
The family spokesman Charles Nyamweya told The Standard that Ratemo made the decision to continue with his political bid in consultation with family members who supported his choice.
“He will contest for the Kapsoya MCA seat as he had initially stated, it is unfortunate that this incident happened after he won the primaries but he will be in the final race.”
Nyamweya further said the burial of the three children: Clifford Nyambane (6), Taniy Nyamweya (5) and Glen Ongaki (3) will be interred in Kisii on Friday but a memorial service will be held at Eldoville Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) Church in Eldoret on Wednesday before the bodies are transported on Thursday.